Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
title says it all. I broke the cap off my kill switch on my 1995 vmax 600 today. not sure how, i think an apple tree branch must have taken its life. Didnt shut off or anything, because i didnt notice it till i got her home! I dried it off and put a piece of electrical tape over it for now to keep moisture out, but what do i do now? I dont want to find a whole throttle/kill switch unit as i dont feel like replacing the whole thing and taking the grips off...Should i just buy some kind of aftermarket kill switch/tether or something? I dont really want to spend much on it at all, but i do like the idea of having a kill switch...

also, my spedo isnt working. the odometer seems to be working, but spedo is broke. any ideas? Im not too concerned with it really, as long as i can have the odometer working so I know when to check gas tank!

thanks a lot for any help!

·
Registered
361 Posts
you should be able to disconnect the kill switch, and just use the key to turn it on/off....we did this on our old phazer...good luck

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you should be able to disconnect the kill switch, and just use the key to turn it on/off....we did this on our old phazer...good luck[/b]

yea, probably what im gonna do for a while. might go look at the snowmobile junkyard :) they should have somethin for me....cheap!

spedometer is pissin me off, i like knowin how fast im going but oh well i dont need it

·
Registered
496 Posts
When your speedo stops works it the first sign that you drive shaft bearing is going. Remove the cable at end of the drive shaft and see if the pin is broken .

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When your speedo stops works it the first sign that you drive shaft bearing is going. Remove the cable at end of the drive shaft and see if the pin is broken .[/b]
the spedo itself doesnt work, but the odometer/trip still seem to move....

ill look at it more

·
Registered
393 Posts
You shouldn't have to pull the grip. It's been a while but, it seems to me you can replace the switch by removing a couple of screws and unplugging the wire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts