Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the symptoms of a broken primary spring? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
It would be my thinking that if your primary spring broke the clutch would try to engage as soon as the engine started since there would be no spring pressure to keep the weights from moving out at the lower speed plus it would probably rattle, never had one break so I'm not sure

·
Registered
222 Posts
RM-I broke one last year.  Depending on where it broke, not a whole lot will happen other than engagement RPM significantly dropping.  The way mine broke, it was hard to see the break, so I rode it for quite a while before figuring out what really happened.  Didn't damage anything, luckily.  BTW, my engagement RPM went from 4300 to 3200 when the spring broke.  I didn't notice any change in max. RPM.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I don't know how it'll affect that goofy clutch on a "mustard cup" but on my yamadog it was engaged at idle & affected shift shift RPM!? What symtoms do you have?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I broke one last season and the engagement was WAY low(below 3 grand from 5300).  That was all the symptoms I got as I changed the spring right away....

·
Registered
61 Posts
hey winterpark how's the riding up there, we were thinking of heading up sometime for a ride. It's starting to get real good here. Got over a foot this week.

·
Registered
222 Posts
tbuk2-I haven't been home for almost a month(stuck at school), but I will call home and find out for you.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what's a "mustard cup"?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts