Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was out enjoying the snow today on my 77 elan and things where great not a care in the world just like things should be. While screaming on down the lake at a totel toped out speed of 35 mph the ski snaped in the middle and dug right in. In return the hadle bars crank out of my hands at the same time i was about to fly over the hood and i cought the bars right in my male pride. I took a few steps after this had happend to pick a spot laydown and die on the ice.

only been a few weeks into this season and its not looking good for me. lol

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Sorry to hear this.....Best thing to do is get right back at it asap !

Snow4

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
your name seems to work for ya LOL[/b]
LMAO!

I know how you feel. I had a similar thing happen to me when I was in high school on my Pantera 440. Thankfully I wasn't going very fast, and just got a surprise as I went over the handle bars. No injury to the family jewels. Ouach!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i went out and bought two ne ski's for the sled should be in the mail at the end of the week. I cant a wait till there in. I think i might wear my jock for the test ride when the ski's come in dont really want to take the chance lol

Maybe i should just sell the sled, last year while riding the handle bars snaped on a trun and i hit a tree. The sled is out to get me or i was born with bad luck like that.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Glad to hear that the "Twins" will be a.o.k.
Get your cup (not for coffee) ready, hit the trails again when you get your new skis and have a good time.... :thumbsup:

P.S. Don't forget to double check all the hardware related to the ski swap, or the "brothers" could be in for another rude awakening.... w00t

·
Registered
629 Posts
WOW, the ski just broke out of the blue now that is a frightening thought glad you will be ok. I don’t want to think what would have happened if you were on a newer faster sled doing 100mph on a lake.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
well i was out enjoying the snow today on my 77 elan and things where great not a care in the world just like things should be. While screaming on down the lake at a totel toped out speed of 35 mph the ski snaped in the middle and dug right in. In return the hadle bars crank out of my hands at the same time i was about to fly over the hood and i cought the bars right in my male pride. I took a few steps after this had happend to pick a spot laydown and die on the ice.

only been a few weeks into this season and its not looking good for me. lol[/b]

WOW the exact same thing happened to me years ago on the exact same sled you have to boot. :p I was riding my buddies elan in a field wide open w00t w00t . i took the ski off and rode it back to the farm on one ski. :dazed: :dazed:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts