Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dave,

Are there any vintage runs in the range area coming up? I'd like to take 'Bomba' out for a good run before the year is up. I just missed one in Duluth last weekend.

Pat

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hey Pat,

Why yes there is. There is one at Melgeorge's resort on Elephant Lake. It's just north of Orr. It's on the second weekend in March. I am going to call up there today and get information on it. I'll post tomorrow on this site.

I'll be there with some of the arsenal.

I'll keep in touch. I've been looking forward to this meet for a while.

Dave

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hey Pat,

Saturday March 13, @ Melgeorge's Resort on Elephant Lake just past Orr. Starts at Noon. There will be a silent auction, and a drawing for prizes.

There will be Radar Runs, and there will be a course that you can race on.

Each race is $10.

So if you bring 5 sleds and race each one 1 time = $50. If you only bring Bomba and race her 4 times = $40.

I believe the "definition" of a vintage sled at this race is 1974 or 5, or older.

I'm going to bring:

71 Ski Doo Olympique 299
71 Chaparral Firebird 440
72 Chaparral Firebird 400
77 Scorpion LiL Whip- I know too new, but what the he11.

Should be a good time. Hope to see you there.

D----- anybody welcome- bring those beauties and have a good time!

·
Registered
582 Posts
It starts at Noon on Saturday, and afterwards you can take your newer sled and try it on the radar run if you want.

See what that 580 can do...... Can it keep up with the 01 800????????

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Brother D@Mar 4 2004, 03:07 PM
It starts at Noon on Saturday, and afterwards you can take your newer sled and try it on the radar run if you want.

See what that 580 can do...... Can it keep up with the 01 800????????
Not a chance! My 580 takes off like a bat outta heck, but only tops out around 80!

I'm definitely going to try to make it. My uncle has some really nice oldies, so I'm going to see if he'd like to go with.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Cmon Pat, come visit the real world sometime..... There ain't no way that junky 580 would keep up with my 800. Just Kidding

Hope to see you there, it usually attracts quite a few people. Come on up, do some races, drink some beers, have a good time. Good place to learn some tricks, get some tips, and maybe find some good deals on sleds, or sell some for a good price.

Later,

D

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dave,

I'm really going to try to make it, but we're in the middle of a kitchen remodel. I was hoping to have the sheetrock done yesterday, but it didn't happen. My wife wants the kitchen done before I have any fun :(

If I can swing it, I'll definitely be there. I just have to work extra hard this week!

Pat

BTW, I meant that my 580 wouldn't have a chance!

·
Registered
582 Posts
And don't you forget it!!!!!! Actually my 800 is pretty slow. I have it set up for more take off power. Lifts the skis pretty high.

I know exactly what you're going through. I am in the middle of a bathroom remodel job. The taper should be done tomorrow. Then I have to tile the shower, set the toilet, paint, instal the vanity and wire the medicine cabinet. I work construction up on Crane lake during the summer. Built my partents new cabin for them.(our old one burned down the day before your 10 year grad party)

My wife is prego with #1 and I have to get the bathroom done asap. Believe you me, she has been on my A$$ to get it done...... HMMMM?? Has she screwed in any screws????? Did she hang any sheetrock??????? Did she help with the demolition?????? Rewiring??? plumbing???? floor tile????

I think not! But I'm still going to have fun. The vintage ride is going to be my getaway!

Later,

D

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't you just love remodeling? We do a big project every year. After this kitchen is done, I'm thinking about taking a few years off! I'm sure that won't happen!

I'm going to Atlanta at the end of the month, so she really wants it done before then. I could use a day off now! The vintage run would be perfect.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts