Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in the late 70's or maybe the early 80's there was a snowmobile named the Budweiser Super Sled or something like that. It was actually a converted mid 60's streamlined twin engined AA/FD. Sometime between the mid 60's and the late 70's it was changed from a dragster to a sled. It had twin blown small block chevy's and was completely enclosed by an aerodynamic wedge shaped fiberglass body.  I'm not sure if it ever actually raced or if it was just a Budweiser promotional tool. The last information I have is it was seen somewhere in Minnesota around 1980. I am trying to locate, or at least learn what happened to this car/sled and would appreciate any information any of you might have. Please contact me if you have any info that might aid in this search.
Thanks, Dennis [email protected]

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Your talking about the Bud Sno King. The Goodyear speed tracks are no longer available for running it, that is why it is kind of dead merchandise. I think it is in Mn. but not sure.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think I know the one you are talking about.  I started life as one of the Arctic Cat King Cats.  I saw it brake the world record on Green Lake by Spicer in the mid 80's.  I think the guy that owned that sled also owned the one in the pictures above.  He also had a dragster type sled with like 4 Yamaha 4 cylinder motors in it.  If I remember right he was from the Red Wing area in MN.  Pretty cool sleds.    Riley

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everyone, thanks for all the help so far!

It sounds like the sled I'm looking for could be the one Riley described - possibly the four engined dragster. Does anyone know the name of the owner of he rear engined car pictured above? It sounds like he might be the person I need to speak with. Or does anyone have any contacts in the Red Wing, MN area that could help me out?

Thanks again, Dennis

1 - 10 of 10 Posts