Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to build a jack stand to keep the track of the ground. Right now I'm using a 4X4 :D .

Anyway,...anyone have suggestions...height, materials.

Thanks to all in advance :sly:

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I take a pic of mine & post it tonight.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I found some drawings for a dirt bike stand....you step on the arm and it jacks the bike up.

I drew it up in SolidWorks at work and I think I'm going to modify it to accomodate(<--SP?) the specifications needed for jacking up the rear of my sled.

What do you think??? If I get to lazy I'll just by some car jack stands ???

·
Registered
496 Posts
all you need is a pipe, some threaded rod about the same length, the nut for the threaded rod, apeice of angle iron about 6",and plate about 6" x 6". Now weld the plate to the end of your pipe in the center of course,take your threaded rod and weld the angle iron to the end as to make a v shape(this is were the bumper will rest),next thread the nut on and put the threaded rod in the pipe(also if you want weld two handles to the nut), now you can adjust the height of the jack. Hope thats fast and cheap for ya. :sarcasm:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here's a quick stand if you can weld. I've made a bunch of these. The steel can be found at any home improvement store, all 1 inch square. The holder on the top is 1"x 1/8" flat and can be easily bent in a vise. adjust the height of the upright for your sled.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Something like this should be easy to build.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
kgmz, that's a great idea !!! :thumbsup: What do you do for a living? Must be a designer or draftsman.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
i want to make one also but i want the type the you sort of put under the bumper on an angle and and when you step on it it brings the stand and sled strait

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I'm buying a new one with warrenty at the Capac drags Sun Nov 10. They are $27.00 at the drags; The Co. calls them the C-Stand. The guy has a patant on the design. Very nice stands, powder coated and all.
Caleb

·
Registered
132 Posts
I bought a PowerMadd Power Lift at a sno show for 70 bucks. I was going to make one myself but it was easier to just dish out a few bucks and it works great too

power lift

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have two C-stands and I know the person that makes them and they are very nice stands for the price. He has a website also but I'm not sure about the address.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts