Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im lookin at a 99 mach 1 wednesday, the guy wants 2200, waht should i offer? and what should i look for? also, are there any known problems with these?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
im lookin at a 99 mach 1 wednesday, the guy wants 2200, waht should i offer? and what should i look for? also, are there any known problems with these?[/b]

as far as an offer that depends on the condition and miles of the sled . as far as what to look for

clutches need to be clean and operate smooth
skis need to be free of gouges on the bottom and hopefully have some carbide on em steering needs to feel smooth with little play
motor ... do a compression check !!!
track needs no holes, rips, tears or it will need a new one soon
bounce on sled make sure suspension is smooth ,check hyfax
check hand warmers and lights to make sure they all work properly
check coolant make sure heat exchangers are getting warm and are leak free then take it for a short rip . if owner is hesitant to let you do this ... be hesitant to part with the $$$
there are a bunch of little things to also look for like kinks in tunnel or bulkhead and others that will only come from experience of owning a sled so my advise to you would be to have a friend that is familiar with sleds to help you check it out . btw that is a lot of sled for a first timer , jmho Mark

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
The '99s had some issues with the DESS (digitaly encoded security system) wiring rubbing through the insulation under the left side of the motor. The exhaust systems tend to shake the envelopes off and the front end is a wee bit heavy for a starter sled. The red colour is a very desirable combination.

·
Registered
443 Posts
thats a hot looking sled

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I had a new 99 mach1 loaded. The only issue I had with it in just under 10, 000 kliks is the stator and the odd fouled plug. It wasnt as fast as my 97 mach but handled better than both my 97 and 98. At least the 99 doesnt have the center dump pipes.

I would go over the entire sled and make sure to check the compression as snofrog said.

Perm

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the imput guys. i bought the sled and it is sweeeeeet... its in even better condition than i thought..... cant wait for these few months to go by and get some snow!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Now you need to throw that SC10-1 suspention far as you can and put a 2 under it, otherwise your in for some real "pain".

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Throw a C7 in it if you want pain

1 - 10 of 10 Posts