Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can score the AD Bovin suspension mod for the C-7 rear skid. The sled in question is my spare 96 Formula III 600. I saw it on their website but is says it has been discontinued. Has anyone on this forum used that mod, kinda curious how it improves the Horse Sh*t ride. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Take the C-7 out and set it out to the road for the junkman.
No really, just go to a swap meet and pick up an old SC-10 and some boivin connectors for a leaps and bounds better ride. The price has really dropped on them with the new SC-10 ll & lll out.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had the Boivin up-grade on a 95 STX with the C-7. What an improvement in the ride ! Well worth the money and time. I think it would be a bit heavier than putting in an SC10. The SC10 will probably be easier to find.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
You can find near new SC10II and III on ebay quite a bit for $350 - $500

The bovine kit cost like $600 back then

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I just seen SC-10ll at a swap meet for $350.00 I should have bought it just to make some money. :(

·
Registered
63 Posts
Has anyone actually switched suspensions? What is involved with it? Thanks- Dan

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Just yesterday I was looking at a c-7 to sc-10 conversion. All it takes is new brackets under the tunnel for the rear arm. If anyone needs dimensions I could certainly get them.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
personally,I think the c-7 was a better skid for cornering than the sc-10.they just was not great on rough trails.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
You really dont need new brackets, just move the old one's back. It sucks drilling out all those rivits and drilling more holes but it is worth it. I remember the dementions being 25" from center to center.
Dooman is right, the old C-7 was a better handler on the corners and also a good drag suspention but for the ride the SC-10 with Bolivin couplers is far better. :hallo8:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey thanks for the good info guys. I didn't realize that the mod was that expensive. I saw all the other ones for about 100 bucks so I assumed that the C-7 hop up would be similar. Like I said this is just a spare sled so forking out 700 for an M-10 is way out of the question. If I can score a sc-10 pretty cheap I would be interested in that approach though. Anyway again thanks for the info I know very little about this suspension.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts