Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
currently i have an 01 mxz 600 and im thinking of what shock to buy for the back.  now since i dont have enough money to buy the M10 OHLINS, i need a different shock instead.  im thinking of the C46.  does this shock have a piggy back, or remote resovoir, or clicker or anything?
 is it stiff?? how easy do you think i could bottom it out, i weigh 180lbs, i am a very aggressive rider, and love to hit big jumps all the time, and with my current stock suspension it, the SC10-II sucks, it bottoms out on jumps and stuff, so i need to buy a new shock and i just want to know if the C46 is stiff, and what adjustments it has on it.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Have you adjusted your springs? Its not so much the shock that prevents bottoming as shock and springs together. You can always buy stiffer springs for alot cheaper that will probably solve your problem.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have a '02 mxz 800.  There are no adjustments on the shock and it is not piggyback.  I think it is just has a larger diameter body and piston for better fade resistance.  I was hoping/expecting firmer shock settings on the sled, so I would not have to crank the springs down as much.  If you do big jumps the c46 will not be firm enough by itself.  Tightening the springs will be a must.  However I was very impressed with the ride quality on the mogul trails and on the smooth ones too.  Riding the 2 foot moguls in Mich., I could go as hard as I wanted and did not experiece bottoming out, with the rear springs in the softest settings.  I did bottom out doing jumps but that was cured for the most part when I tightened the springs.  Overall it is a good shock absorber.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
One advantage with going to the C46 shock, you'll be able to get it serviced at your dealer. They'll be able to order any shims and/or seals from the factory. With the Ohlins you have to deal with the aftermarket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts