Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is an email I got today about a 809 I've been wanting.  This motor dyno'd at 172 w/jaws which are not included. What will a stator cost me and will it have any trouble working with the 97 Ignition? Thanks for your input !

"I guess the guy fell through and said he would sell it for 1,000 as it sits.  Still has the 98' stator and flywheel on it but the stator is bad.  Has the complete 97' ignition in a box that is ready to go"

Caleb

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Im not sure but i think a buddy told me that there around 100.00 cdn.  I may be way off because i never had a stator problem on any of my machines.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be great. Seems like I paid 400us on my old tcat in '96.  I can't go wrong at a grand for the motor but I just want to know what I'd be looking at to get tit fired up. ANd do the stators go out alot? I seem to hear about them all of the time as going bad. I found a raced MXZ440 rolling chassis on ebay that is up to $950. So I'm still working on getting all of the peices for the project Machzzzz1!
Caleb

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
If you paid 400us for a arctic cat stator then im probably way off in price.  Like i said i got no clue.  Oh well. At least your project is shaping up.  

Your gonna have a rocket of a sled.  THis thing will make your RX-1 look like a MiniZ  

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is the last email I got on it a minute ago. I guess I can run it with the 97 ignition is what he meant.

:It ran til the stator went out on the last trip.  The other ignition is complete and usable.  It was what I ran in mine all season until I bought the newer ignition.  He is a bit bitter about what he paid for it and what he's gettin out of it so he doesn't want to lay a finger on it.  He says "it will sit there and rot for all I care"
Caleb

·
Registered
0 Posts
Sled Dogg.......You're still dealing on that 809?
Keep this up and you'll have it down to $800 in a couple
of months.  LOL

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it was sold but I guess the guy never got back with them. As far as the price goes I won't be greedy! A grand is a steal, heck the old price was a steal real.
Caleb

·
Registered
417 Posts
97 and 98 ignitions are completely different. 98's have the DESS and different CDI dox. DESS and amplifier box must be programmed together to work. Stator and flywheel are totally different as well. Wiring and physically. They also have a rev limiter built in. I swapped my 98 out for a 97 in my 700 improver to get around al of this. I have a complete 98 system if you need it. Amplifier box, stator, flywheel, trigger and DESS.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Curiouse guys, what should it make with the jaws and some slight porting and hed work? It dynod at 172. I can'tt remember what was done to the motor but it wasn't major.
Caleb

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I was talking to those guys also 2 monts ago about that motor. Seemed like they didn't want to sell it. THose numbers sound like a pretty much stock motor turning allot of RPM. jaws site says you can hit that with lake race jetting with there pipes.

On my Mach I will prob. start with stock 97 pipes. As far as the stator goes, since you will be wiring it yourseld to fit your options, go with a 97 ignition sutem. Burned allot hotter. 97 was the best HP  for the stock Machs. I am using a 98 ign. just becasue that is what is coming with the motor (right maluchum&#33

·
Registered
33 Posts

Does anyone know of anyone trying to get rid of a set of pipes or aftermarket silencer for a 98 mach z.
Haydays is a couple of weeks away I could probably find a set there if nobody knows anybody.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
A 800 tripple with jaws pipes, mild porting and head work  and v- force reeds 188-190 hp at 8800-9000 rpm

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks like this will be the chassis I'll be getting for the motor if all goes well in the next few hours:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts