Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for correct secondary clutch preload setting, my beast is stock except for shorty carb boots and 144 picks, I put a goodwins clutch kit in, and i didnt like it, now i want to go back to stock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
HO, A-6 should give you close to 18.5lb, start there. I would use the blue goodwin sec. spring if you have it. In the goodwin kit that you have, what ramps and spring colour doo you have?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Stock according to the 'Doo specification book is 15.4#...IMHO that's too loose... I run 18# with a Goodwin Blue secondary spring and their teflon buttons.. works good at my low altitude..

·
Registered
668 Posts
everybodys got thier one experinece. For me, I find that 19lbs is the best no mater what spring/ramp combo i am using... Unless i am on the grass. then i run 15lbs.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Call Greg Goodwin at 847-872-4001 and ask him about your clutch set-up. I used to own that exact sled and had a goodwin clutch kit and it used to rip. In fact i used to regularly win a lot of grass drags, even against pros. If I remember though, I used to run it in B-5/6 and my TRA was in 4 for trail riding. (I may be wrong though, it was a few years ago)

Also, who installed the clutch kit? The first time I had it installed, I had a "mechanic" friend install it, and the performance just wasn't right. I took it over to Goodwin and had them install it, and they found it wasn't shimmed properly (they need to be aligned perfectly) and the difference was night and day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts