Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here gone on Camoplast site and seen the Camoplast All Terrain 7.0 ski's. Has onyone used Camoplast ski's or know anyome who has. I would like to have some input. I have pilot 5.7 with 4800 miles on them and they are allready cracked. 100% trail riding on them. I enjoy the plastic ski's, over steel one's, but want to improve the ski's, better than these pilot's. Any help would be appreciatly greatly in this matter.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Camoplast skis are "blow molded." In my experience and opinion, that form of heat shaping plastic, even the excellent propertied UHMW, creates more stresses than simply injection molding or extruding. The Camoplasts on our 'Cats have 7000 and 9,000 miles respectively and they are cracking and/or wearing through. Injection molded (SLP?) Polaris OEMs seem to last a lot better. I have 21,000 on one pair without any problems even though there is light surface crazing of the plastic after ten years of sun exposure. (The skis almost never get covered during the summer - or any other time.) Others around who have the same type of Polaris skis have had very good success with them. Double digit x1000 miles is ordinary without signs of failure.

·
Registered
465 Posts
use the powder pros, they are a great alll-around ski, and they have never had any defects. Me and my dad use them and they are great on the trail, and off the trail.

-Frank

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Check the '07 Pilots @ your dealer. I heard there were changes to the skis after the 1st season cracking & wear issues.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Check the '07 Pilots @ your dealer. I heard there were changes to the skis after the 1st season cracking & wear issues.[/b]
Yes- the 07 skis are considerably thicker in the weak area of the 06 Pilot (which is getting VERY thin on my sled w/ 2200 miles).

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Camoplast skis are "blow molded." In my experience and opinion, that form of heat shaping plastic, even the excellent propertied UHMW, creates more stresses than simply injection molding or extruding.[/b]

Are you saying the Camoplast skis are hollow? I thought blow moulding was used to make things like milk jugs, gas tanks, gas cans & oil reservoirs.

IMO, that would make the skis less resistant to wear than a solid injection moulded ski.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts