Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a 1.25 inch camoplast predator snow cross track fit my 99 500 xc? i am worried about tunnel clearance. my stock track was like a .88 and it really sucked. bad hook up and braking. and do the windows have anything to do with what sled u have, i know there is all windows open and every 2 open. what does this do?
thanks

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Cant say for sure, but my buddy has a 99 700 XC and he tried to put a 1.400 track on and was too tight. Had to change to 8 tooth drivers.
Closed window tracks are the manufactures way of keeping cost down, IMO. +  you lose power and speed, rubber and hifax dont mix, go with a full clip track.......

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
The every third window closed is supposed to help hold the snow in for increased hyfax lubrication. Some people dont like the closed window and cut them out and replace with camoplast clips or i belive slp makes a product that can be attached through the window to reduce friction. I think they just add weight.I think a camoplast 1" sneaker would be great for that sled.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
mikadoo i dont mean to start an argument,but i have 4200 miles on my track and there is zero wear on the track where there is no clips,so that would mean no power or speed loss with the track,i can see that in extreme low snow conditions where this track may be a problem but for everyday trail riding its the track to have,and camoplast is actually developing a clipless track which will be on the market in a year or two

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I ran with a 1.25 on my ZRcce last season for 2300 miles. My only complaint is that in low snow it cuts slider life down to about 11-1200 miles. In normal conditions slider wear is fine. Small price to pay for the huge increase in traction. Thumbs up from me.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Anyone know the pn# for the 14"x1.375"x121 track that come on the '02 440 liquid last year? Thats what im putting on my '03 440 fan, its lighter and more traction. There's a good article about tracks in the oct/nov issue of snotech.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts