Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I just want to know, some of the members have tried these and I was thinking about getting a set how much tuning do you have to do? alot or can you get them dialed in without much fiddling I don't mind tuning just don't want to spend all season doing it also is there much of a difference in performance and or fuel mileage appreciate the input I don't want shooting gallery just give me your honest results much appreciated :D

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on don't be shy lotta good people on here :sleeping: :sleeping:

·
Registered
221 Posts
From what I have heard, they are a pain to get jetted right, but once jetted they seemed to work ok. Not sure on any hp #'s though. Slightly better throttle response I hear. Company that makes them says about one hp per 100cc's of engine.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
The only guy I know that tried them burned his ZR-500 down a couple of times before he got it right. Now that they're set up they work well and make a fair difference in throttle response. I beleive they now come with better instructions/tuning tips compared to a couple of years ago.
:)

A

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by ZR Sled Head@Oct 23 2002, 11:43 PM
The only guy I know that tried them burned his ZR-500 down a couple of times before he got it right
$$$$$$$

·
Registered
326 Posts
I read a big article on a 670 that had them and they took alot to get jetted. Then once that was done the mpg dropped about 2-3 miles.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the input, keep it coming, Yeah!! I like this site

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
They do work well in a 670 but it takes A LOT of tuning and fussing to get it right! Then like the rest said, you lose mileage, IMO they are not worth the fuss! Would'nt you rather ride than tune all the time, that's what I did most of the winter to get them right and would'nt waste all that precious time again.....

·
Registered
310 Posts
it sucks u cant tune ur sled in the summer!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay mikadoo tipped the scale for me, with these winters we've been getting who wants to spend time with the hood up Formulaman out... SWRules :hallo10:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts