Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if I could put a better suspention in my sled with little to no drilling holes and cutting. I was thinkin maybe a newer ZR skid or possibly a skid out of a mountain cat. I love my sled and have too much money into to it to sell the old girl and just want a better ride with a longer track if $$$ permits. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Grant.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I was just wondering if I could put a better suspention in my sled with little to no drilling holes and cutting. I was thinkin maybe a newer ZR skid or possibly a skid out of a mountain cat. I love my sled and have too much money into to it to sell the old girl and just want a better ride with a longer track if $$$ permits. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Grant.[/b]
all it will take is drilling new holes that about as a little a fabing your going to get.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok well thats not to bad. Is there any reccomendations on suspentions and possibly which make or model this could be upgrade achived with?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Ok well thats not to bad. Is there any reccomendations on suspentions and possibly which make or model this could be upgrade achived with?[/b]
a good zr skid wold work, anything 97 or new thats is not a firecat/sabercat skid pretty much.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
There's also the "long-legs" kit, which uses all stock AC parts to modify your skid to something between what it is now, and the ETT sleds.
That's something else you have to take into account. You don't have the dual angle tunnel, so dropping in a newer ZR skid could lead to problems.
You'll also have to be careful which ZR skid you use, as anything after 97 had the TSL.
You might have better luck looking for an after market skid on e-bay

·
Registered
610 Posts
We installed a 2002 ZR CCE skid into my buddies 1996 ZRT800. No problems with the single angle tunnel. Major improvemnet on the sled.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just a few suggestions to make it easier. In the instructions from the link he tells you to grind off part of the backing plate thats already on the sled before adding a piece on. I skipped this and just butted up the new piece of plate to the old one and riveted it on. The new mounting bolt hole will still hit new piece well enouph and save a ton of work. Also don't use rivets that are any longer than you need or they will interfear with the skid during install or removal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts