Snowmobile World banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new foot of Powder on a foot of frozen base and off yah go! Can yah feel the rush of frozen wind in your face with your visor up as your eyeballs about freeze in place. No Bugs, No Heat, Just you and Mother nature off on another Adventure. One of the best nights I had was when my sled broke down on the trail at about 10:00 at night. When the Sled died the lights went out on the machine and I was in total Darkness. I said my usual rant of #$%@$#! Then put myself in survival mode. I took out a flashlight, (Former break-downs without one had me adding this to my list of don't forget it this time stuff). I searched along the trail and came upon a really big tree with lots of dead bark, My Firewood was pretty much there for the night. I carried some back to the sled and started a fire a couple of feet away from the sled so I could sit on the seat and be comfortable. I started the fire with one of those Fire Starter thingys and I was golden. I took out my Coca-Cola, sat with my back to the Handle Bars and got Warm and comfortable looking up into the Stars and listening to the krackling fire, thinking..I can't believe I did this again. I think I fell aslepp along the way a few hours later. I awoke to the morning light and a few hot coals. I took off out of the woods walking through the foot or so of pain in the butt to walk through snow dying all the way. It took about 3 hours to get out and finally get to a place to make it back home. I stayed home for a couple hours and ate some food for the trip back in. My wife gave me a ride as close to the area as she could and I proceeded to walk back into the woods to get my sled. I finally reached the sled in total exhaustion just falling on the seat and catching my breath before I could stagger to the Gas Can I carried in with me and filled up the tank so I could leave. I guess I'll check my Gas Guage next time I go for a ride. Boy did I feel stupid. But what a great night. What's your story? I'd love to hear it. Thanks for reading.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts