Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Z-570 Cat and want to tie in my GPS to an A/C adapter (cig. lighter type).  The dealer told me he couldn't do it because I don't have electric start and a battery.  Anyone ever pulled this off with a fan cooled sled with no starter?  Thanks for the info...

·
Registered
134 Posts
No problem.  Buy the kit polaris makes for around 50 bucks.  It comes with a capasitor-? "sorry poor spell", and a rectifier to turn your a/c power to d/c off any accesory terminal.  Cat uses yellow for power and brown for ground.  Look behind your headlight for an available tap.  You can buy everything you need individually from radio shack, but this kit from polaris is all ready to go.  Plus if your sled ever should have problems, you can point to the polaris part for the blame!
  Be sure your gps can handle varied input power.  Some are sensitive in that regard.  Mine is the garmin3 and I've had no problems.  Also consider wiring in a thumb warmer or hand grip warmer to your gps mount.  This really helps the LCD on cold days!  You can tap into the same wire because the warmers,heated face shields,helmet lights, etc.  don't have to be d/c.  Good luck, write me if you have problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts