Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone got our first snow fall this past week looking to go out ridding this weekend. Havent used my sleds since last year is it ok to run like a fuel injecter cleaning through them or not. I drained the fuel befor i stored them so they will have fresh gas. Let me know what you guys think is my best bet for a good trouble free weekend with my carbs.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
I don't think you want to run carb cleaner. If you're gummed up it won't help. In any case it would be too little too late. If you drained the fuel from the carb bowls I think you'll be fine. If not you may have a fully blocked jet, a partially blocked jet, or maybe nothing wrong at all. It becomes a little scary because a partially blocked main jet will almost certainly burn down your engine, but you may not notice anything is wrong until it's too late. If I didn't drain my carb bowls and hadn't touched the sleds for a year I would be inclined to start them all up and make sure they rev up and idle just like they did last year, then put in new main jets. But if you're a gambler they will probably be fine with some fresh gas in the tank.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
if stored with the tank empty, I would use some iso to rid the water. I store with the tank as full as possible to keep condensation down to a minimum. as always I use stabil.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
If you are luckly enough to find a product called "sea-foam"
try it it will clean, get rid of moisture and act as a stabalizer.
It is a old product that works very well.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Ya what mr670 said , In boat motors they run that Sea-foam it '' decarbs the motor'' I had a Merc 115hp that was running like crap , after using that Sea-foam , it was like I had a new motor , good stuff !

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ya what mr670 said , In boat motors they run that Sea-foam it '' decarbs the motor'' I had a Merc 115hp that was running like crap , after using that Sea-foam , it was like I had a new motor , good stuff ![/b]
I'll second Sea foam. It is kinda hard to find, but is regaining it's popularity. I've found most NAPA's to carry it now.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you yeah i have few napa stores around. I have to go to florida this week till friday I THINK IM GOING OT CRY THE WHOLE WAY hopefully there will still be snow this upcoming weekend

·
Registered
657 Posts
Thank you yeah i have few napa stores around. I have to go to florida this week till friday I THINK IM GOING OT CRY THE WHOLE WAY hopefully there will still be snow this upcoming weekend[/b]
Well that sucks, I hope there is snow for ya when you return :)

I'm always hearing of people who just use stabil and don't empty the bowls in the carbs. Simply running with fresh gas won't clean the carbs, they do need good physical cleaning every now and then. That said, I no longer have carbs... but if you have the money it doesn't hurt to bring your sled to your dealer at the beginning of the year to have your "pre-season" done so that you know everything is running up to spec before ya tear the trails up :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts