Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
??? What is the best cleaner or method of cleaning the small parts of the carb such as the jets??
I opened my carbs today to find why it was working so poorly... all of the brass parts were green and or black,and one needle valve was stuck. Also there is a metal plate below the needle valve seat and it was totally rusted.
I cleaned as good as I could but is there a product out there that will eat all of that dirt off??? And clean in the jets... Thanks Rod

·
Registered
708 Posts
Go to the auto parts store and get a big can of carb cleaner. It usually come in a one gallon can and comes with a small parts strainer. Then just tare the carb apart and place all small parts in tray and let soak overnite remove and air blow dry them then put carb casing items in can and repeat process then put the carb back together.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Jets needles and seats are not that expensive, if they are that ugly replace them. To clean the needles and jets etc. you can soak them in HOPPS #9 Gun cleaning solvent it works better than any carb cleaner.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have found that starting fluid, "Ether" as it is commonly know. Just spray and either wipe or blow dry. Ether evaporates very quickly, so it works good for this type of application. You'll be suprised how good it works.

·
Registered
287 Posts
berrymans carb cleaner works the best

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I agree, replace the small parts. As for everything else, do you have Auto zones up north? They have carb cleaner in sprays cans that works better than anything I have ever used. It's cheap too, 2 big spray cans for something like $2.00 US.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Yep replace the little stuff. As for cleaners Ive found but for a little more money Valvoline Synpower Carb Cleaner works the best.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I just use gumout carb cleaner in the BIG spray can. Most cleaners are basically the same. but do replace the jets and stuff.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I'll second the suggestion for Berryman's carb cleaner. It's in a red, white and blue can. Also, be carefull if you are going to use compressed air to blow off the parts, don't want any of that stuff getting in your eyes :doh: :doh: :doh: .

Snow-Drift :D :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts