Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried installing shorty carb boots on my 98 Form Z and the carbs now are touching bolt heads on each carb ! Has anybody else had that problem and what did you do to correct it to still use the short carb boots?

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Did you make sure that you are using the straight short boots? If you use the angled ones, the carbs touch the oil pump. Be sure to use the intake boots from a 95 Mach 1 or similar pattern.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the angled ones ! So I'll have to check out the other ones . Will that have any effect on the carbs if they are siiting at an angle ? Thanks

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
the carbs will be pointing straing in  line with the engine...if there is any effect by this angle, I would think that the fuel has a more direct route to the engine  

·
Registered
99 Posts
The short boots that I put on my 99 670HO were suppposed to be from a 95 Mach 1.  They are angled and they fit excellent.  Another guy I know went to the Doo dealer and asked for carb boots from a 95 Mach 1 and got different boots than I did!  His were straight.  He had a clearance problem of some sort and also burned his engine down!

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have straight shorty boots on my 98 FZ no clearance problems that I recall of two years ago when I put them on.... We used the spec from the don emory web site...  seems like they were in deed off a 94 or 95 mach.... thanks DooZ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts