Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OOps I goofed.

I forgot to mark the Carbs when I took them off to clean them. I think that this topic was discussed in the forums before but I can't find it.

I notice different numbers on the Carbs, so one of those numbers must refer to the jet.

If you can answer this or point me back to this discussion I would be grateful

Mike

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Michael,

Your 1995 Touring E (503 motor) should have a VM 34-446 on the PTO side with a 190 main jet and Mag has a VM 34-447 with a 180 main jet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to say which machine. It is not from the touring, it is from my Formula Z frankenstein, which has a 440 LC motor from an MXZ. (Also has a suspension from a Summit).

From your post Thumdoctor I gather that the larger jet is on the PTO side.

Thanks for your help,

Mike

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
Forgot to say which machine. It is not from the touring, it is from my Formula Z frankenstein, which has a 440 LC motor from an MXZ. (Also has a suspension from a Summit).

From your post Thumdoctor I gather that the larger jet is on the PTO side.

Thanks for your help,

Mike[/b]
usually to help with the heat. some have a dot on th pto carb also.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
usually to help with the heat. some have a dot on th pto carb also.[/b]
Red dot Mag, Blue dot PTO. Tell me the year and I'll ID the carbs. The rule of thumb is that on a R/V motor the PTO is always richer

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure as to the engine's year. About the only thing I know about the machine is that it was free.

I don't see any red or blue dots. The markings are : H3 66 on both, 525 and 34 434 on one, and 521 and 34 433 on the other.

Hope that helps.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts