Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 trail touring delux 550 fan .Is ther an online site that will let me find the correct carb specs for 0 to 1000 foot altitude, sled was used in mountains and will now be used in praries

·
Registered
2 Posts
[topic="Carb Jets"]What I learnd[/topic]
2007 trail touring delux 550 fan .Is ther an online site that will let me find the correct carb specs for 0 to 1000 foot altitude, sled was used in mountains and will now be used in praries[/b]
I suggest getting a shop manual for your specific make & model
It should have every thing you will need in it, and allot to learn just reading it
I learn'd the hard way on a couple 04 /550 sport tourings and am now a few dollars poorer but wiser.
(when removing carbs trim back the oil line a little before reinstalling, it should be a bugger to
stab on the injector nipples at room temp, if oil hoses are half way easy to install they will easily blow off when the engine is warmed up and you goose the throttles)
I like removing the carbs and working on the bench, best do them one at a time or mark them Rt & Lt as each is jetted differently on fan coold engines and dont swap the lean carb to the rich side.
also keep track of those rubber grommets that fit around the spark plugs.
with them removed you lose 10 to 15% of your cooling air over the cylinders
it would be wise to buy extras.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
2007 trail touring delux 550 fan .Is ther an online site that will let me find the correct carb specs for 0 to 1000 foot altitude, sled was used in mountains and will now be used in praries[/b]
what you are looking for is at the bottom of the page. http://www.iwt.com.au/mikunicarb.htm well it tells you how to convert it to you altitude. the pocket tuner from mikuni will as well, they are cheap and available from dennis kirk. http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/common/img_p...189&imgId=0

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hello Redrock. I too just purchased a 2007 550 Trail Touring Deluxe and was told to get it re-jetted/clutched because it came from Colorado.

Did anyone find out how easy it is to do this? My machine came with no manual and there is no sticker under the hood recommending jetting for altitudes.

Redrock, did you find anyone in Winnipeg to do this for you?

Thanks,
Marquis :christmas:

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
Hello Redrock. I too just purchased a 2007 550 Trail Touring Deluxe and was told to get it re-jetted/clutched because it came from Colorado.

Did anyone find out how easy it is to do this? My machine came with no manual and there is no sticker under the hood recommending jetting for altitudes.

Redrock, did you find anyone in Winnipeg to do this for you?

Thanks,
Marquis :christmas:[/b]
I don't have one , but the pocket tuner does just what your asking. not very expensive. if I had one I would give you the info you seek. a call to the dealer should get the info as well. just ask what they had for you area in them new.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Needs the Rotax Lite clutch recalibrated for sea level too, I"ll check my notes and get back later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts