Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you get the needle and seat out of the carb? does the pin shove out to remove that flapper thing that stopping me from unscrewing the needle and seat. :0:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Its easiest to do this when you have your throttle held wide open with a piece of tape or rope, then you have to take a small allen wrench loosen that, and once you loosen it a couple turns the black guard going over the clip on the needle will move, allowing you to lift the needle out.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like the needle is held in place by a spring clip and the seat would thread out with a open end wrench if that flapper thing was not in the way?? Is there something I'm missing or not seeing?? ???

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Are you talking about the float I'm assuming you have the bowl off, the flapper thing you are talking about is the float, it's held in place by a little pin at the pivot point that pin should just slide out with no resistance remove it the needle has a real fine clip that holds it onto the float arm once this is out of the way the seat just screws out . Once you put a new seat and needle in you need to check the float height refer to service manual for specs. hope this helps you and I didn't get too technical on ya! ;)

·
Registered
756 Posts
Be very careful of the cast float support legs, they are very fragile if not supported from under. You don't want to be buying a new carb, it would be cheaper to pay someone to clean your carbs.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Yes very good point MXZ900, I for got to ask are you having a problem with fuel leaking out when the sled is sitting? Somtimes this can be caused by dirt in the fuel system I've had them leak after new parts because of this

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
let me back track. I fired up my sled the other day and as is was running, gas was pouring out the vent pipes to the ground. that is why I have the carb apart. if that flapper is the float, what are the two black things in the bowl that i thought were the floats . those black jobbers must rise up and push the flapper thing that pushes the needle shut in its seat.
Thanks for all the help! :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts