Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 81 Polaris cutllas ss. It runs fair until it warms up. Then it bogs and gags until it reaches a high speed. I noticed gas in the airbox so I replaced the needle valve and ajusted the float tangs. The floats aren't sticking so the fuel should shut off. I have also noticed that if you pinch the gas line off going from the fuel pump to the carbuerator it runs better. Can anybody help? I am about ready to tear my hair out! I played around with it all last winter and never could figure out whats wrong. It only has 400 original miles on it. So I know it is not worn out. Any sugestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Well, here's something you can check if this sled has a fuel pump that is operated by an impulse line. I have seen fuel pump diaphrams have a slight tear in them (backfire) and fuel will enter the crankcase through the impluse line which will cause the eng. to run very rich. Remove the pump dia. and hold it up to the light and look for damage. Just a thought.

Auggie

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Power Sledder,
Thanks for the tip. I try it out as soon as I can. It has been snowing quite abit here in Wyoming. Can't wait to go snowmobiling!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts