Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if it was at all possible to convert a carb setup to efi on a firecat? Has anyone ever done this?

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
I was wondering if it was at all possible to convert a carb setup to efi on a firecat? Has anyone ever done this?[/b]
I don't really know much about it but, to me it would be impossible. EFI requires a modular or computer, and from the snowmobiles I've seen that are EFI, the motor is turned around.
Nothing is impossible!
Richard

·
Registered
5 Posts
It would be far easier and less expensive to sell your existing ride and buy an EFI model. Your parts list will be very extensive. I have itemized the things I am aware of. I may have overlooked some items.

EFI Throttlebodies
EFI computer module
Wiring harness for both EFI module and throttlebodies
Flywheel
Stator with batteryless capabilities
Assorted sensors with wiring harness, the EFI monitors engine temperature, ambient air temperature, barometric pressure etc., to provide data to the ECU module.
Plus unknown bit parts

Parts new will exceed $3000

If you find a wreck you may save some money but the effort will be the same.

Don't do it!!!

·
Registered
980 Posts
You could convert a carbed sled to EFI with all the right parts, but it wouldn't seem to make sense to. If your reason for wanting EFI is to have the automatic altitude and temperature compensation then you can get that on your carbed sled with the additon of a Holtzman ATAAC.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
It would be far easier and less expensive to sell your existing ride and buy an EFI model. Your parts list will be very extensive. I have itemized the things I am aware of. I may have overlooked some items.

EFI Throttlebodies
EFI computer module
Wiring harness for both EFI module and throttlebodies
Flywheel
Stator with batteryless capabilities
Assorted sensors with wiring harness, the EFI monitors engine temperature, ambient air temperature, barometric pressure etc., to provide data to the ECU module.
Plus unknown bit parts

Parts new will exceed $3000

If you find a wreck you may save some money but the effort will be the same.

Don't do it!!![/b]
I agree

sell it

OR

get Tempa Flow

·
10,054 Posts
many have used the tempa flow and its pretty easy to install,,,, but I guess if you really wanted the efi,,, I would start hunting ebay down and looking for a sled that was totalled with a LOT of good motor parts left in it,,,,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts