Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i own a 94 safari 377 and i am having problem with it at idle speed. Im not sure if its the mixture, or the actual idle setting, but even after a good run, it will slowly go down in rpm and stop. I dont remeber it doing this before, but it has always been hard to start, especially with the elec. starter. Anyone have theses problems or have any advice?
thanks

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
nick it is possibly the idle speed the stop screws and slides get worn after awhile lowering the idle speed. Does this sled have twin carbs? you have to adjust both the same if no one has been fiddling with the carbs just give the screws a quarter to a half turn in ( make sure you turn the idle stop srews) that should help if not you have other probs like sticking choke,float height, etc

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nick84,

I would clean the carbs,then turn your air screws 1/2 a turn richer(if you don't now those are the little standardscrews on the side of the carbs),turn them all the way in and keep track of the turns,then come out the right amount.If this doesn't work then it is possible that you have low compression and maybe it's time that you give it an overhall

ROTAX POWER ALL THE WAY.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts