Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks just put 96 studs on my 600 XC SP.  I am now wondering whether to put 6 or 8 inch carbides on the sled.  I do mostly agressive trail riding and is it worth the price for the 8" carbides?

·
Registered
664 Posts
I have 96 studs on my mxz 700, down the center of the track. I use 8" carbides with the 1/2" bar and my sled handles like its on rails, I love it.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Id say spend the extra 20.00 and get 8"  

They will last longer and bite better in the tight turns.

I had 96 studs on my last 500cc twin, and 6" was not enough for the twistie trails. I had too much push.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
doboy 6" would be enough with 96 studs but it's also a matter of preference some guys like more grip in the corners some dont. You might like the feel of having the 8" carving the corners  

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Personaly I run the 8 in on the big bar,I like more bite on the front than the back it makes power sliding easier also you tighten up the limiters a turn or two to put a little more weight on the front.also what year is this sled and what suspension does it have if it is an 02 with an m10 I'm not sure about the handling carecteristics of this sled and it might be a trial and error type deal.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
doboy, 6 inches is enough, but I prefer the extra 2 inches for aggresive trail riding.  I put 9 inch carbides on my 700.  It turns like it is running on rails.  Your choice though, depends on your type of riding.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Six inchers would be enough with only 96 studes if ya got a benchgrinder and a greenwheel to keep em sharp after every hundred miles or so. I run 10's with 192 1.075's and keep sharp every ride.  I'd rather corner like a vette than a suburban. later

1 - 9 of 9 Posts