Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the light snow this year has taken a toll on the factory runners.  Was wondering if anybody had info on the best size carbide to run without studs for a '01 MXZ600.  I want the best in the corners, but know you don't want to over do it without studs.  Have you had better luck with some brands over Skidoo's factory ones.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
go to the Woody's website...email them..tell them how many studs you are running, and they will give you an idea of how long the carbides should be...probably at least 6" I would say

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
factory bars are not real good for long life.I would run a 1/2 inch bar with 6 inches of 90 degree carbide without studs.I use the doo bars(1/2 inch 6-8 60 degree with studs),price is not bad and they are in stock at the dealer.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have ran 3 different brands of runners on my '01 mxz 700 the best i have found is Woody's 6 inch trail blazers is by far the best. I was even able to run more ski pressure with out any darting. Almost 400 miles and these runners are just showing a little wear and that was in minimal snow conditions. Also I run a factory track and no studs. From now on I will run nothing but Woody's!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys,
I was leaning towards the 6" which would be a step up from the factory 4".  I was concerned with the woody's because the 6" are 60 deg. and they specificly state that studs must me used.  Sounds like some of you don't follow that and have had good results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts