·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do use the carbide that you pick?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I use Stud-Boy (not studman) and I use them because they are the cheapest available to me  

·
Registered
403 Posts
Woodys-they are the ONLY choice. Same goes for studs.

Once you try the rest, you'll only run the best.  

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Woody's,

Their easy to find and competitive price.  Plus I've always had good luck with them

FishHog

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't used Roetin in years but I compared theirs to Woodys and at the time comparable runners (dollarwise) the Woodys were a better carbide. Heavier attaching studs 3/8" vs 5/16" and the host bar was bigger.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I am using roetin now and they are working great!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have used factory doo carbides, roetin and woody's all on the same machine. Factory lasted for about 500 miles, roetin 200 miles and woody's still on the sled for almost 800 miles. These are better performing and higher quality. 3/8 mounting studs and a 1/2 host bar. I'll never use anything but woody's now, plus cheaper then factory.

·
Registered
668 Posts
My wood lasts for a long time,  oops,  i mean my woodys last the longest!  

·
Registered
193 Posts
I use Razorbladez.  You can find bars a little cheaper, $75 for 8" 75 degree carbide on 1/2" host bar.  But they perform well and best of all they have a 1 year warranty.  I know what you're thinking, "yea right".  But I but put mine on, rode 100 miles here (southern MN) on very poor conditions, then put 600 miles on in MI and hit every rock in the state because there was very thin snow.

So they were abused, they had 1 - 3" of carbide missing from each one but for what they'd been through they still held a pretty good point, if they weren't missing different amounts on each one I would have kept using them.  I asked, and sure enough, "yep, we'll replace 'em" Now that's awsome!

I bought mine from richmotorsports.com, but I know our local dealer carries them now too.  I use the Extreme Max Studs too, and they have a 2 year warranty.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
If anyone is interested I have a brand new pair of stud boy "G-Force" 9'' carbides that don't fit my sled.  Item number #509-2088.  They haven't been open!  I am asking $70 which includes the shipping.  If anyone is interested drop me a private message!  Thanks!

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Brought back to life.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Yeah woodys have seemed to last the longest for me. When i was running the ZRT i used roetin for awhile they werent bad either. Woodys makes a good 6" aggressive carbide.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I use OEM, but does anybody know who actually makes the carbides for each of the sled makers? Like a lot of things in this world, someone puts their brand on it, but made by someone else. Just wondering if anyone has that info for any of the 4 major sled makers. Just curious, thanks.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I use nothing but Woody's carbides and studs. They cost about the same as the rest but just plain last longer with no issues. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts