Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to use Bergstorm's years ago now I use Woody's with no complaints. Just wanted to see what everybody is using. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
We use Stud Boy Shaper Bars on all of our sleds.
I'm very happy with their performance.

I'd like to try a set of Bergstroms but I haven't found a local dealer carrying them and I'm still leery about buying on the WWW or mail order out of the U.S.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Not yet.
I do have a green grinder wheel on my shopping list though.
I'm just not very good at remembering my shopping lists when I do go shopping. LOL

Why do you ask?
Any tips, advice?

Jeff

·
Registered
876 Posts
We use Stud Boy Shaper Bars on all of our sleds.
I'm very happy with their performance.

I'd like to try a set of Bergstroms but I haven't found a local dealer carrying them and I'm still leery about buying on the WWW or mail order out of the U.S.

Jeff[/b]

No problems with ordering Bergstroms from the US, and you are ordering right from the manufacturer. And there is no duty to be paid as its a steel product, plus I paid no customs on the product either.

The Triple points are the best wearing carbide I have ever seen and owned. I have about 2600 miles on mine and they are still in good condition with the points worn down just a bit.

Even with shipping they were cheaper then the DOO Intense carbides, and pretty close to the price of the shaper bars. It totaled around $120US for 2 carbides including shipping.

Regardless of what I may ride in the future, I will always order a set of Bergstroms from now on.

PS - Mention to Scott Bergstrom that you heard about him from the sled sites and he will give you 25% off from what is listed ( thats how it came to $120 total for me)

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
i use acs right know, they are the only ones that make 10.5 inch by 90 degree carbides. ill take a pair of 90's over 60's everyday of the week. they last about 3 times as long

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I've never sharpened any carbides yet so I've never given the process any thought but I would imagine that you only sharpen the actual carbides, right?
So the only difference is in the shape of the host bar, which you don't grind / sharpen. If you did, you'd be messing with the metal holding the carbide inserts and weakening that.

Thanks for the vote for buying Bergstroms.
Yea, it was the duty / customs thing that had me leerie.
I did just buy some Push-To-Talk glove finger mounts from Moto-Com in Washington state and that was a relatively painless experience. I called. I paid. I received. There was no going to a local Customs Clearing house, No duty or tax charges. And they shipped U.S. Postal service which seems to be the only way around trumped up charges that courier services end up charging to get stuff across the border. So maybe I'll give them a call for my next set of carbides.

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
I used to use Bergstorm's years ago now I use Woody's with no complaints. Just wanted to see what everybody is using. Thanks.[/b]
Roetin's

Snow4

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
I've still got the factory carbides on both my 06's, very happy with them although mine feels like it needs a sharpening. Too many dam rocks up here in central Ontario.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Roetin's

Snow4[/b]
WE WILL SEE :whistling: I just smoked a set of factory 6" 60'S on flex skis during the SW ride. Left side was gone from the middle back. I do have them shimed 1/8"and there is alot of wt toward the backs, but man it cuts. Didnt even know there was a bar missing till I notice the ski sitting funny.
Truthfully though I really didnt have time for any setting up before the ride to adjust from the pre's to the flex.

In the pass I did run roetins and they were great lasted forever. Now that they are so-called backin biz , I bought a set of 6" to try . The one thing I notice from the old to the new roetins was the host bar and studs are not as meaty. I drop a notch in the ski springs and will see how they work, might have to doo some re- shimming .

mutt

1 - 14 of 14 Posts