Snowmobile World banner

Carburator Cable Adjustment Question

6K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Dave600 
#1 ·
Could someone please tell me how to take out the main jet on the carburator? How do you adjust the throttle cables on the top of each carburator on a 1994 Polaris XLT? Thanks.

#2 ·
Could someone please tell me how to take out the main jet on the carburator? How do you adjust the throttle cables on the top of each carburator on a 1994 Polaris XLT? Thanks.[/b]

Main jets can be accessed when the large nut on the bottom of the bowl of the carb is removed. And throttle cables are adjusted with the adjusters ontop of the slide, you just loosen the lock nut. But remeber all three carbs have to be synchronized.

#5 ·
Thank you, how do you make sure the carbs are sychronized?[/b]

There are a few methods, the easiest one i use is whithout the tool. Polaris Doc explains it really well, so hopefully he will read this and post. But basically it involves setting the slide height on all three carbs the same. So that at idle they are all open the same amount and at full throttle they are all the way open. This is accomplished using the cable adjusters on the top of the carbs. once you have them all the same then when you adjust the idle you turn them all equally.

Anyways if Polaris Doc doesnt post with his method, just send him a pm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.