Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cat won 440 fan and 500 stock with the 440 Sno-Pro. Also Open mod 1000. : Later 440 improved also. These are the final Haydays results.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheer up Cat fans. Just think how bad the Polaris guys felt. They won 1 stock class. Compared that to last year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
They ran 4 Firecats at haydays just for comparison, because at that time there not 500 make. They took out all the 700s and the 800s in 500 feet at 5.566 with 88 mph. Look out 900s thats a F/7 beside you.

·
Registered
48 Posts
:inlove: The fire cat ran 5.366 the best time of the day for ANY stock sled it was the rev that ran the 5..566 and that was a multi pipe 800 rev.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There was no multi pipe Rev. It jumps into this Mach Z stock class where stock can be Srx Zrt or mach Z with stock triple pipes. Those F-7 's were 40 lbs. minimum lighter than the Rev with driver. Were not weighed in. Not teched because no specs yet supposedly. Ran fuel of their choice, wink, wink. The sled with the lowest time would have been in the 5.5 range if not for it's staged rolling start! With all these advantages. You will not see a blueprinted motor from the factory, sorry. :nervous:

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yeah, I cant buy that F-7 time either, it was definetly a ringer, I am not saying that it couldnt be faster than the others, but the #'s dont add up for a PRODUCTION sled. Plus according to my last snowweek magazine I quote "Arctic Cat CLAIMS one driver posted an E.T. of 5.366" and another "NIDRA said the sleds were pre-teched but were not teched after the exhibition because no specs were available" meaning they could do whatever they wanted to the motors, clutching, tracks etc.....as long as it was deemed safe.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Supertrax Logo skidoo.com

Navigation
September 29, 2002

F7s Post Rocket Numbers At Hay Days
(September 09, 2002)

F7 at HayDays Editors Note: This release was submitted by Arctic Cat Inc. The results indicated herein were derived from a demonstration run featuring only Arctic Cat snowmobiles.

ISR Racing Rules require at least five hundred snowmobiles of each model be built and certified before qualifying as legal "Stock" machines. In this case the times posted are real and verifiable however the results did not come in head-to-head drag races using legal "Stock" snowmobiles.

(Press Release)--Perhaps the only thing hotter than the stock time posted by the Arctic Cat F7 Firecat at the 36th Annual Sno-Barons Hay Days was the temperature outside. One thing is for certain however; both numbers were more than enough to make the competition sweat.

Getting the green light from event officials, Arctic Cat was granted permission to run five stock F7s throughout the weekend resulting in a lighting-quick ET of 5.366 posted on Sunday afternoon. It was a time that not only beat the winner of the 700 stock final, but the 700 triple, 800 single and 800 triple stock finals winners as well. Piloting the Firecats over the weekend were Glenn Hall, Ron Gilland, Janelle Bakken, Kelly Shilts and Luke Roes.

"We were there to see how fast these things really are and how well they perform up against the competition," said Brian Sturgeon, Team Arctic Race Manager. "If there was any doubts in anyone's mind as to the F7s capability on the drag circuit, this should put their mind at rest. We couldn't be more happy with the results."

Like all other stock competitors, the F7s were put through standard tech-checks by race officials to ensure the machines were bone-stock, free from modifications of any kind.

Times are as follows:
SLED CLASS ET
2003 Polaris Indy 700 XC SP 700 Single-pipe final 5.677
2001 SRX 700 700 Multi-pipe final 5.657
2003 Summit 800 H.O. 800 Single-pipe final 5.687
2003 800 MX Z REV 800 Multi-pipe final 5.568

·
Premium Member
5,122 Posts
The last 4 sleds mentioned above posted times from a standing start. They were NOT rolling. Get a grip on reality guy. F-7 times are good... no, they're great times, but let's wait and see what the true production models turn in for times. I hope they are as good as at Heydays.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I am not saying F-7's are bad......first these sleds (according to snoweek) were teched under the NIDRA sanctioning body rules and as I posted there before there was no verification of what was under the hoods of these sleds after the run because "specs were not available" (as copied from snowweek). What I am saying is if the F-7 is so good, we will see in the races when the CONSUMER PRODUCTION units start to hit the ground and the races and have to tech the same as all others. If the F-7 is so good, it will win every race barring errors or breakdowns.....we will see.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glen Hall was given the best lane and a rolling start to beat the 5.4 second barrier Cat put up for an additional $500.00 prize. That was the only way to get below 5.5 seconds. Which was still a solid run for the new(proto sleds) They put in different ignition setups for whatever fuel they felt like running also. Again no weigh ins as these drivers are light and usually have to add 15 to 25 pounds as a driver sled combo to be legal. They were out to beat each other hence it was just a( back yard bring what you want Hay field Race Pun intended). Suspension checks, tether checks, rider gear, stud safety was checked, that's it. I was there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts