Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up with these? They claim to improve fuel economy significantly. Do they also change (improve) performance, reduce emissions, and enable world peace or what?

If they work, what do they do and/or how do they do it?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you guys tried them or are you making the same skeptical assumption I am inclined to make? Catalysts are a real deal, they work in the exhaust system as well as in a multitude of other chemical reactions. I'm curious if they do change the molecular configuration significantly enough to affect performance. I'd like to hear from some who have tried them.

(With gas at $3.11 gal/US plus our local city tax, I wouldn't mind getting 10% better fuel economy
.)

·
Registered
287 Posts
$3.11 a gallon? man you are getting ripped off, where do you live? Premium here is $1.30 a gallon

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ironically, living in the state whose most significant source of income is oil royalties does not mean we have cheap gas. I live in Alaska, rural Alaska and I don't complain, I know it's higher elsewhere in the state. Believe me though, I nearly cry when I spill some of this stuff. I'm just glad snowmachines don't drink as hard as outboards
 Winter is a good time to recover from the cost of summer's gas bills.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts