Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cat covered my spring ordered patriot sno pro under their 0% program, everything I picked up that day went onto the invoice, tax license, everything, didn't have to write out a check, just signed my life away and my firstborn..Actually the form was quite simple 6 months from now I pay the full amount off(with NO interest for the prior 6months) when do or make payments or lump sum payments, etc. 9.5 % after 6 months. Now my hard earned cash can sit in savings growing at an astounding rate of 1%. :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
thats good that they covered your spring ordered one.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Can someone explain this to me a little better...? No dealer is giving me a straigh answer and i want to know what I am talking about when i go to the dealer next?

·
Registered
77 Posts
This is what I understand the deal is. Cat dealers offer the no money down/no interest/no payments/ for six months deal through a finance company. Fill out the application at the dealer, and they are supposed to have acceptance/rejection within a half hour, usually much less. If accepted, they send back a contract. If you plan to finance long term, best bet would be to use the program, then refinance when the payments kick in b/c you could probably get a better rate elsewhere. My plan is to keep my cash for 6 months, then pay it off. No penalty for pre-payment.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Make sure to refinance it though if you don't have it paid off in full by the end of the 6 months! Their contract, from what I understand, is to have it paid in full by the 6th month. Do I understand that right?
I'm sure it's probably fairly strict financing also.

·
Registered
413 Posts
So you're telling me that the 0% interest is only for the six months that there are no payments? Then after 6 mos, it goes to around 9%? I think that is what my dealer was trying to tell me, but he wasn't very clear.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Oh yeah, 2stroke, did they give you a 2 yr warranty or any cat cash?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got a free hat, no cat cash, no mention of two year warranty, Just the 0% for 6 months on a Spring ordered sled, thanks to the people that called Cat and cryed foul on this, we wouldn't have gotten it otherwise. Everything, and I mean everything was put onto the loan, my sales tax, reg, cover, helmet, t-shirt,belt, plugs, etc, I bought the undercover as an afterthought to protect the chrome windshield and hood from the canvas cover, that I had to pay cash as the paperwork had allready been faxed to Cat, took less than 15 minutes, I have never picked up a sled so easily with fairly minor paperwork.I am satisfied with the service from Cat on this one.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I was also told that there would be no cat cash, no extended warranty(unless I pay for it)and they won't be throwing in any "goodies" like oil, plugs, belt, cover, etc. But! when he's selling a new 900 for $7400 out the door, I'm not gonna complain. ;)

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
900 for 7400 out the door... Ok where am I driving.... for argument sake what does he want for an F5 out the door.. regular suspension

·
Registered
70 Posts
Cat's 0 down, 0 interest, and 0 payments are as follows. AC goes through Sheffield Bank for the financing. You can fill out a credit application online at AC's website and have an answer in 30 minutes. Interest and payments don't start for 6 months. The interest rate is 11.95% or higher depending on your credit. I would suggest refinancing after the 6 months for a lower rate. Once approved, you can print your approval email and take it to your dealer and he will call it in and Sheffield will fax a contract.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Also consider this, the loan is "unsecured". Meaning, no lean on the sled. Translation, you don't have to insure your sled if your the kind of guy who really likes to take risks with this loan. Amazing. It's probably harder to get a loan like this than a "secured" loan at a local bank because apparently there is no collateral.

It's a good deal and a (somewhat) fair interest rate. Even if you carry the loan for a few months past payoff and put some kind of large chunck down toward most of it, you'll be way ahead.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts