Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

For those of you that own or have used an A/C CD service Manual, I have a question. I'm curious as to how detailed the manual is. For example, I've never taken a clutch off a snowmobile, nor helped anyone perform this task. Assuming I buy the necessary specialty tool(s) ie: clutch puller, would the service manual give me step-by-step instructions on how to perform this task? Would it step me through the process of replacing a spider, and putting in new bushings or weights? Does it give good instructions for removing the rack style flat slide carbs for carburation changes?

You see, for many years I had an outstanding dealer. Because I bought a new snowmoblie frequently enough and apparently was lucky enough to get sleds built on a Wednesday, I never had to worry too much about clutch issues, and if I did, the dealer gave me such a deal on labor I didn't think twice about having him do the work. Well, that dealer retired. So It's about time I learn how to do some of the more complex sled maintiance on my own.

Thanks for your thoughts on this issue,

David

·
Registered
404 Posts
detailed enough to get the job done...I run mine on the computer and print out the sections i need for reference. Then disk is very handy.

good investment

·
Registered
46 Posts
How much are these CD's and where can one buy them, also do you need one for each model Cat or does one cover all there sleds.
Thanks,
Paul :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
I am waiting for my cd to come in their about $50cad. I have not used the cat cd yet but i use cd's with technical manuals all the time. The main advantage to the cd is that the paper copy you print is always readable and disposable, plus the search functions work great. How many times have you droped a book? Now drop that book in your garage. It doesn't take long to destroy it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts