Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my sled won't run and you guys told me it could be the CDI box does anyone know were the best(cheapest) place is to buy a cdi box. hurry its snowing here and i dont know how long it will last. HELP!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
dont know where to get cdi but i see you are from indiana michigan border where abouts im just north of elkhart in union mi i have a cdi for a 570 exciter and the wires are the same as on my 540xlv plug are diffrent though and i was looking through one of my parts mags and they dont even list yours so yuo might have to get one from yam dealer if you are close enough you can colme over and take a look at the cdi i have to see if they look the same and maybe you could hard wire it to your sled and see if it will work or call yam dealer and see if it will work if it will you can have it free always ready to help local sledders out email me and i will give you my phone number if your interested or can find out if it will work for you

·
Registered
43 Posts
hey corv, maybe we should go riding, i live right beside oake and we plan on riding this week/weekend if snow is good, and i know you guys got alot of fields and woods in union city =).

we are from sturgis

Zagg

·
Registered
167 Posts
hey zagg sturgus is a stones throw away im in union not union city if you are on us12 going west from sturgus you will go through white pidgion mottville then union what do you ride i have as my baddest sled a vmax4 880 big bore and a bunch of lesser sleds

·
Registered
43 Posts
ha! you prob gonna blow us away  

I have a 1991 formula mach 1, 617

and my friend has a 1984 yamaha ss 440

we also got another friend with an exciter its a 1990, but his is broke and he seemed to give up on working on it  

Zagg

·
Registered
167 Posts
hey zagg check with your bud with the exciter and see if the cdi has these color wires 1 orange plug 1brown plug 1black/whitestripe plug then theres a plug with 3 wires 1isblack 1is white/red stripe 1 brown/white stripe like i said this is for a 570 exciter but the wires are the same color as on my 87 yam xlv 540 i gave 20 bucks for it on ebay brand new and as i said if you want to try to wire it in you can have it to see if it will make that yam run if he is not interested in doing that ask if he wants to sell it

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sorry corv, we havnt had much time to get online.

No that box didnt work but i really appreciate you trying to help, it must be his stator or something.
The night we got the cdi from you we tried it, then me and oake went out to ride i was following him across a field and he stopped and turned just as i hit full throttle and i slid right past him into a river. bleh! so i spent all night tearing my sled apart and cleaning and draining. Then Oake and I had to go out of town to a bass fishing seminar thingy, and now we are both sick as dogs, i think his mom fed me some poison  

anyways ill be spending time with my girlfriend till i can ride again heh. hopefully tomorrow ill feel better.

Zagg

·
Registered
167 Posts
sorry to here the cdi didnt help but it was worth a try and hope you feel better soon spending time with your girl freind wont hurt a thing may not cure ya but aint gone to hurt

·
Registered
167 Posts
thanks 99indy the way i see it if i have something somebody needs to get back on the trail come get it that what snowmobileing is all about to me brotherhood and oops sorry ladies sisterhood

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you are still looking for a cdi or any other late or new model used parts. I ran past a great guy in Wisconsin. KB Enterprises in Fort Atkinsion. 920-563-6895 ask for Craig. He will ship anywhere...Cheap.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts