Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1978 Blizzard 6500 Plus, which has the 340 lc and twin pipes. The current CDI coils are bad and I need new ones. They are Bosch OEM
# 1 217 280 050. I called Shade Tree as they are the only ones that have coils listed for this sled. But, they did not have the exact ones I needed. Does anyone know where they sell these? Dennis Kirk did not have them in their catalog. Are they the same for all Blizzards from 78-82? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dimentions are 4"x2.5"x2" with mounting holes diagonal from each other.
The plug on top is rectangular with 3 contacts inside it.

Wish I had a digital camera!! I'd make things much easier.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
skidooki, I checked in a parts catalogue I have no listing under ski-doo but under moto-ski super sonic 340 ( same sled ) there is a part # it is 01-143-18 it prices out to #31.95 cdn sound to cheap to be true.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It may have the Bosch Polarfire ignition system in it. The problem is, I cleaned the engine out last season and didn't realize the coils had small cracks in them that allowed water into them. They still send spark, but intermittently. It worked fine before I washed it. I now cover up coils w/plastic baggies to keep water out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts