Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen it mentioned a couple times now that significant gains can be found by upgrading to a slightly more aggressive CDI box.  In my case I'm trying to find any info on upgrading my '00 TCat to a '01 CDI.

But I've also heard (and just read in the latest issue of Snowtech) that you can have a CDI reprogrammed.  Has anyone ever done this?  What were the results?  Obviously you'd need to run good fuel, but does that mean 93 Octane or race fuel?

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot a question.  If you've had it done, where/whom?  Straight to AC or does one of the aftermarket guys like D&D or Black Magic do it?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Art, I know of a guy who sent his to Cat to have it done.  Can't give ya much more than that, I haven't talked to him for a while.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Toydoc, I would have been out there last year if St. Clair had actually frozen!  I love having the lake 3/4 mile from home, but if this winter is like last...  Do you ever make it up to the drag racing in Algonac?

·
Registered
625 Posts
It will void your engine warranty if you have it done, if you still have warranty, you must also be sure of consistent fuel quality if you decide to go with it because in essence they are wiping out the safety margin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts