Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any expierience jetting with ceramic coated parts. The sled is a 670 HO with dpm.
I heard you can go 2 or 3 sizes lower on the mains, but am kind of hesitant. Oh by the way the
exhaust and the pistons are what I had done. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Vern, where did you get your pistons and exhaust coated? I would not jet down more them 1 jet size I think the coatings are more of a durability thing and a little insurence on a melt down happening.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got them done at Fireball coatings in Shelburne Ontario. I think thats as far as I'd go
done myself just for comfort sake. I don't have EGT gauges so I'd rather play it safe.
I've read you can run as high as 1400 degrees without burning down. I guess the only
way to find out is to test with EGT gauges.

·
Registered
791 Posts
What did this cost you? In Canada right.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$100.00 including taxes and shipping for the pistons and $187.00 with taxes and shipping
for the pipe and y-pipe. Canadian funds. Was very pleased with the work.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Vern

I had my pipe and head done on my sled and it turned out nice. I am leaving my jetting stock right now until I get a chance to run it. I have EGT gauges which will help in the testing. In theory yes you will be able to jet down because the gases will travel faster by pulling the heat away from the engine also it will run more consistent. For the engine I can't tell you. by running ceramic coating you will have less heat transfer to the engine. The engine will run cooler and will not need as much fuel to cool the engine with. I just hope we get snow so I can test.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts