Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was putting new synthetic Doo oil in my case yesterday, and it was clumpy.  Is this normal???  It was new and had been sitting in my garage.  

·
Registered
115 Posts
      I dont use synthetic just normal but i am almost certain u should not be seeing clumps, lumps or anything like that. How long was it sitting. Is there moisture in it. Was it opened or sealed?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just changed my chain case oil today - I have never liked the chain case oil to begin with, its always black (even though it's brand new with zero miles on it) So I put in Mobil one 75W90 synthetic gear lube and added 2 oz. of Energy Release (take a old ski-doo chain case bottle fill the bottle to service level, minus 2 oz. add the 2 oz. of ER) stuff works, most of the snocross racers use ER in they're chain case's !!!
Under the chain case there is a drain plug (allen head screw) just remove it, fill chain case back to proper level, check for leaks, lift sled off the floor and run a operational check to see if the oil is staying where the oil s'pose to be (in the chain case) it's pretty easy job and you'll be happier with a different chain case oil anyways.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Anyone here uses automatic transmission fluid (ATF) heard it can be used and it's a whole lot cheaper.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I know one of the custom sled builders here in Spokane recommends ATF for chain cases. It has excellent cushioning properties and flows great even at the coldest temps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts