Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im trying to find out for a friend if there is something wrong with his snowmobile, apparently his chain case dip stick is filling up with metal shards, even after he has cleaned if several times, is there something wrong? he has a Polaris 95 XCR 600

·
Registered
114 Posts
has the oil been changed lately, I had a friend with the same problem on his indy every time he put the dipstick in it would have shavings on it, it turned out the oil had not been changed recently and had a little water in it, after changing it with polaris synthetic chaincase oil ( surprisingly not overriced) it was clean. I would start there. hope thats the problem .

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Check to make sure the chain isn't too tight. I had a lot of shavings in my oil until I loosened off my chain some more. With reverse you have to run the chain even looser that regular so the reverse will shift easy.

Snowfun.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys the reverse was apparently the problem, he just installed it this week haha he was all excited to try it out, especially considering we are getting all this snow and getting school off tomorrow

1 - 4 of 4 Posts