Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I better check with you guys before putting my cover back on..
my 1997 Formula 500 had some crap I had to do to it (bearings) and I was wondering what there should be for slack in that chain???????

There was about 1/2 inch (between gears when pushing on it with my finger)when the cover came off, but Id like input from you guys to see how or what the best way to get it adjusted right is,THANKS guys! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
193 Posts
my 1997 Formula 500 had some crap I had to do to it (bearings) and I was wondering what there should be for slack in that chain???????

There was about 1/2 inch (between gears when pushing on it with my finger)when the cover came off, but Id like input from you guys to see how or what the best way to get it adjusted right is,THANKS guys! :thumbsup:[/b]
Aren't you suppose to have a tensioner in there Crash dummy

·
Registered
193 Posts

There was about 1/2 inch (between gears when pushing on it with my finger)when the cover came off, but Id like input from you guys to see how or what the best way to get it adjusted right is,THANKS guys! :thumbsup:[/b]
I loked up 1998 formula 500 sas you have a tensioner ajustment screw.Crash dummy

·
Registered
193 Posts

3 to 5 mill on tension dont exceed 5 mill change o ring ,going by 98 formula model ,crash dummy

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know its a chain tensioner! I just wanted to know the slack...
and what O ring?

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Hi Rick,

All this is coming from snowmutt but I type faster..lol So here it goes.

What he does is roll the secondary forward and set the parking brake, this takes all the slack off the chain on the backside and puts it to the front where the tensioner is at. Finger tight the tensioner bolt, and back off half turn or first hole you come to. Reinstall pin.

Voila ! Done !

and snow4 says...... don't forget to take the brake off. LOL

Snow4

·
Registered
193 Posts

Fully tighten tensioner screw by hand, then back off only far enough for hairpin to engage in locking hole. This should give you three to five milimeters of play. Let me know if we are on the right page, crash dummy

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
YEP sounds good!
any place online that may have ski-doo parts instock?
I need the seal for the top bearing part #414882800 and nobody around here has it,I dont want to wait a week or more but Im prolly screwed now :bash:

THANKS guys and gals :thumbsup:

·
Registered
193 Posts
YEP sounds good!
any place online that may have ski-doo parts instock?
I need the seal for the top bearing part #414882800 and nobody around here has it,I dont want to wait a week or more but Im prolly screwed now :bash:

THANKS guys and gals :thumbsup:[/b]
call recreational salvage in indiana 219-696-4334(new parts& old ones) he should be open till 9 pm 7.45 rite now send it next day air monday morning

1 - 10 of 10 Posts