Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody running automatic transmission fluid in there chain case instead of gear lube ? I would like to try it on my radar run sled . Any input on this would be appreciated.

·
Registered
393 Posts
atf is what we used in our grass drag sleds. its cheap especially when you`re trying differant gears and have the cover off a bunch of times. the bearings in the chaincase are sealed and atf will do a good job keeping the chain lubed

·
Registered
31 Posts
I use a Mobil one synthetic gear lube 75w90 with 2 oz. of ER, cuts friction, stays clean with the ER added - no metal fillings like with Ski-Doo chain case oil, racers use the ER, need I say more.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Only run atf if your going to be opening the case a lot to save money.  If your just going to do an inspection and then re fill put the doo syntetic in.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I use mopar ATF+4. If it can handle 430ft. lbs. of torque in a 5000lb vehicle for thousands of miles, it should be able to handle the load of a sled. All 4x4 trucks use a chain in the transfer case, and they all recomend some sort of ATF for lube.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts