Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody use champion spark plugs in their srx700?
If so do you have cross reference number from the NGK?
Do they work better?
Thank you

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
blue dress,
 from my experience with johnny a pan gasoline engines, to put champion plugs in would be like pouring diesel in the gas tank.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
the imp,
 where did you hear that ? believe nothing you hear and half what you see. if the ngk plugs have less problems then that means their spark is better and it is where it should be not half way down where it will cause haywire goof ups.

·
Registered
287 Posts
That is what a ressistor plug is for, not fouling up radio comunication. If you get non resistor plugs, then you may get radio buzzzzzzzzzz. Most snowmobiles use the standard ngk plug= br9es
I do believe (anyone correct me if I am wrong) the "e" in that part number stands for "resistor" NO matter what plug you use, if it is a resistor plug it shouldn;'t interfere with radio comunication. if you use solid copper core wires, that will also interfere with radio comunication.

·
Registered
116 Posts
You can use the solid top NGK.

From Collett site.

Important New Developments
Recently, we have been in contact with other spark plug manufacturers. They have informed us that they are now producing spark plugs that are much more radio noise suppressed than has formerly been the case.

If you wish to use other than CHAMPION spark plugs, you should try these;

NGK: use only the new solid terminal plugs that have been factory installed in machines over the last few years. ( However, they have only recently become available for after-market sales! ) Do not use NGK plugs that have a terminal nut that screws onto the terminal.

Autolite: Use only their Platinum resistor spark plugs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Like the Man said, NGK all the way!!! It doesn't matter if it's your chainsaw, your weed wacker or what, NGK is far superior to Champion!!! Just my 2 cents worth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts