Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need some imput im thinking of changing brands from polaris to  a cat i am looking at a 99 zrt 600 are they good sleds or should i stay focused on a twin? I am use to the tripples but the twins seem to be the big dogs now is that the case  with the zr and zrt ? any major motor problems with either, any info will be helpfull thanks

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
As to what is better, trip. or twin, that is up to you.  Everyone has a different opinion on that and only you can decide.  Test drive both if given the opertunity and come to you own conclusion.
I personaly prefer the triple/triple sleds, but others sware by the twins.
As for the '99 zert 600, it's a good sled, but the '95-'98 models have better performance in stock form.  Cat seems to make all their new trips into touring sleds when they come from the factory.  You can make the sled perform much better than stock though once you start playing with the clutching.  All in all, if you are used to triples, the baby zert is a great sled with allot of potential.  
As for any known problems, I "think" there was a recall of some sort on the '99, but you can check the main page here for any recalls for sure.  There are also some guys on this board that own '99s and will be able to tell you a little more about it...
In case you do decide to jump aboard the green team, WELCOME!

·
Registered
307 Posts
The body styles changed in 99.
As far as it being a good sled not really sure, i have a 99 zrt800 and i really like it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
well i've owned both the 99 zrt 600, 99 zr 600efi, presently i own a 99 zrt 800 (but no snow to ride yet).  if you like to jump all the time and like to throw the sled around under you like a tooth pick, you might want to get the twin.  but i love the extra tork that the tripple has (mostly for going across the lake and when ridding fresh deep snow).  also look at the thought that, they are running almost the same horse power through both the twin & tripple.  i would think that the tripple would probly hold up better than the twin.  i know that i had blown the zr up that i owned but never had a problem with the tripples.

well good luck either way

1 - 5 of 5 Posts