Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran into Larry Frederick Michigan WSA race director two seasons ago in Newberry; he had a new 01 Sno Pro that had a killer helix, so he said. I figured I need to do something to keep up with my buds new F7, so I just ordered a billit 57/55 helix from BM for my 2000 ZR440. What's in store for me. Will I have to remove the clutch off the sled to replace. I'm not sure how to do this. Tips would be great.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
You can do it in the sled but it is easier to take it out I think.  What I do is start by compressing the clutch and pushing the belt in as far as you can and hold it there.  That makes it easier to get it out of the bellypan.  Then remove the end bolt and take the spacer, and key out.  Then slide the clutch off. Remove the three bolt to take the top off then use and allen wrench to remove the helix.  I would suggest cleaning the clutch while you have it apart.  Then reinstall the new helix start the spring out in the middle whole of the cap and you will want to precompress the spring by turning it clockwise i think to the next bolts.  Tighten and reinstall the belt trick helps with getting it back in the bellypan.  Also I use antiseize on the shaft so the clucth never end up getting stuck on but this is just another little trick i learned.  If you have any more questions pm me or ask on here again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts