Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Originally posted by Waconia_Wanderer@Dec 2 2002, 05:16 PM
;) I need to replace my hy-fax, what are the steps necessary to make this happen?

Thanks
first off loosen the track adjusters about an inch or so, push fwd on the rear wheels to loosen the track, second remove the screws on the very front of the hyfax( youll feel the holes up front someplace ) third you may have to hit them to get em started of the rails with a rubber hammer ( no metal ) once they move usully you can pull em right off...youll need to have a track window in place to slide em out through the track...slather a little silicone spray or wd 40 on the rails and slide the new ones on, fastem em with the fwd screws and retension the track making sure the clips dont hit the sliders on either side ( jack it up and run it to do this ) there should be about a 1 inch droop in the track after its tensioned right....good luck...steve

·
Registered
476 Posts
Well, just to add one more item. When you have the old ones off of the rails lay them along side the new ones and cut the new ones to size.

Auggie

·
Registered
757 Posts
I've always heard that it's good to temper them also. I've always done it but don't know if it really makes a difference or not.

Run the sled for a ways (enough to heat up the hi-fax) then stop and let them totally cool (throw snow around them).

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Use grease its better then wd-40.... grease will stick around longer and the next time you have to pull them off they will come off alot easier

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SWRules Well once again thanks for the info, it looked easy, but thanks that great info, it should be smooth sailing, or in this case sliding.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
I think its more important how they come off. You can use a variety of things to put them on... heck they'll even go on by themselves with enouigh muscle... one of my buddies last year insisted WD-40 was better so he did that route in the beginning of the week and i used grease.... mine slid off like cake at the end of the week and we had to beat the #### outta his before they would budge... Just my .02 cents

1 - 8 of 8 Posts