Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question regarding this type of change , will you have to use primary and secondary clutches off 670 for use in the 500 s place ?I"m thinking of transplanting my formula 500 with this 670 out of mxz for some big block power [ making a sleeper] . Or will a 670 with original clutch work, leaving the 500 secondary clutch on the sled work? Every other part is traded off one machine[mxz670] to the other [formula500] so I guess it will be no problems. I"m hopeing to target someone that has done this job before for advise! ???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds familiar!!! We are just finishing putting a 1997 670 in a 1996 SLS.
It is your choice on clutches, they all interchange. You must use the MXZ engine plate so the exhaust will fit. Other than that it works out great. All wiring plugs right in. You also must use the coolant hoses from the MXZ to go from the water pump to the coolant tank and from the engine to the cooler. My sons' sled also has a 1.5 track and MXZX rear suspension.

The original engine has over 13,000 miles on it!!!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Leave the 670 primary on the motor, use the 500's secondary, and gear it the same as the MXZ. This should get you awfully close.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts