Snowmobile World banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need to change my oil pump setting if i switch from Polaris blue to Amsoil?

·
Registered
756 Posts
No :hallo9:

·
Registered
35 Posts
If your good at watching your plugs and reading your wash you can, I know people that have done it and had no problems but I run Amsoil in all the families sleds and haven't touched the pump at all other than to make sure it is on the stock setting.
That is something that I would rather not mess with unless I was getting too much oil, but my wash and plugs actually cleaned up after I started using it.

Happy Halloween, cool new emoticons.

:hallo1:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Why would you want to switch?? Especially to that brand. Choose another oil. :withstupid:

Last edited by Rocketman at Oct 13 2002, 06:04 PM

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Why not use amsoil Catz? At least justify your reply

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm switching from skidoo regular to Amsoil Series 2000. I'm having the dealer turn down the oil pump when I bring it in for preseason service (its at approx 30 to 1 right now). The Series 2000 is supposed to smell\smoke less than the regular Amsoil but right now (I just put it in the other day) it really stings the eyes when the sled is running in the trailer. Should be OK when its at the right ratio I hope.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
You might want to reconsider using the series 2000 as Amsoil recomends (at least when I called) using their regular synthetic for anything but all out racing. The regular oil works great and is priced right. Some sleds do require the pump set down from the stock setting when using synthetics, the best way to know is monitor your oil consumption and adjust as required. Rick. :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
I contacted Amsoil about the series 2000, specifically asking if its ok to use in a trail sled and they said:

"The series 2000 will work just fine for this application. It all depends on your riding style. If you are going to be running wide open most of the time then again the Series 2000 is a great choice. if you are going to be riding "easy" most of the time, Series 2000 may build up and cause fouling. If this is the case, I would go with our AMSOIL AIO injector oil."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts