Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cussing: :doh: HEY , WAS WONDERING HOW DIFFICULT IT IS TO CHANGE A TRACK ON THESE SKI DOO'S F3 ?? I KNOW THAT GETTING TO THE CARBS IS A REAL PAIN!!! BUT I HAVE NEVER HAD TO CHANGE A TRACK BEFORE OR BUY ONE. NOW THAT I GOT IT HOW HARD IS IT?? THE DEALER WANTS $200 TO PUT IT ON. IS IT WORTH IT OR CAN I DO IT. I AM PRETTY MECHINCAL. ;) ;) ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just helped a buddy with his mxz, it wasn't that hard a job, but it makes it easer if you have some one to help you. His had 4 bolts that held the susp. in, plus two on an idler wheel on the top, pulled his chain case and the bushing the speedometer hooks to, pulled out the drive cogs, took out the old track, slid in the new one and put everything back together.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:) :) DOESNT SOUND TO BAD I FIGURE IF I CANT' GET IT ONCE ITS APART THEN I JUST SAVED ME SOME LABER COST'S TAKING IT TO THE DEALER ON PEICES SO I GUESS I WONT HAVE TO PAY HIM TO TAKE IT APART.WHAT THE HEY I GOT TIME WE HAVE 2 WEEKS BEFORE THE FIRST RIDING SNOW RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

·
Registered
120 Posts
it really is pretty easy,I have done it by myself but it is alot easier getting the suspension back in with another person.
just pay attention to how things are put together while you are taking it apart,I slipped up on my first attempt and put a gear in backwards :doh: it could have been a nightmare but I got lucky and caught it after the first ride

·
Registered
343 Posts
If you do it yourself make you check the bearings on the speedo side , while all of them , but especially speedo one ,because that one is press in and it usually sized first, and will explode and you"ll have problems then! I"m talking from experience ,this happen to me in my 94 mach and back than Ibrought it to the shop and it cost me $700.00 tofix! And after run only low temp grease in it [ grease fitting located on the speedo.] :sly:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts